The Winnipeg Mennonite Theatre would like to announce is 40th anniversary and will be hosting a Celebration Gala in the Provencher Room at the Hotel Fort Garry on November 10, 2012. The event is envisioned to start with cocktails (6:00 pm) and a fantastic dinner (7:00 pm) followed by a program which will include:
- a short history
- recognition of directors, producers, actors and back stage crew who have contributed to the amazing ongoing success of WMT
- a few excerpts from some of the shows of the last four decades
- an announcement of the winners of the One-Act Playwriting Competition.
A dance will follow the program. This promises to be a highlight of the social season and an event not to be missed.
- Salad : Butter Leaf Lettuce with Orange Segments & Toasted Almonds Poppyseed Dressing
- Main Course: Chicken Breast, Baby Roasted Potatoes with Rosemary, Baby Carrots, Asparagus Spears
- Dessert : Chocolate Raspberry Cheese Cake OR Vanilla Cheese Cake with Cashew Caramel Sauce
- From "Der Ziguenerbaron" - "Die Liebe ist eine Himmelsmacht" by Sarah Kirsch & Michael Martens
- From "Die Zauberfloete" - "Papageno und Papagena" by Sarah Kirsch & Howard Rempel
- From "Die Lustige Witwe" - "Lippen Schweigen" by Karis Wiebe & Michael Martens
- From "Die Lustige Witwe" - "Vilja" by Karis Wiebe, the ensemble & the audience